Australia is known for its relatively pleasant weather. While the climate varies depending on the state and territories, the spring and summer are usually warm and dry, while autumn and winter are relatively cold with occasional snow. Despite the changes in the weather, people in the country still make it a point to look good in any season. Therefore, they would invest in trans-seasonal attires like midi dresses in Australia so they can wear them any time of the year.
The fashion sense of most Australians is inspired by the country’s breathtaking outdoor scene, which is both rugged and relaxed. Wearing midi dresses can significantly represent both styles since women can wear these dresses for different occasions. But before you go on a major midi dress shopping spree, you need to keep all the following information in mind.
What is a Midi Dress?
The midi dress is a kind of dress with hems that rise above the ankles but end in the mid-calf or a little after the knees. Many people get confused about the differences between a midi dress and a maxi dress. But the most noticeable distinction between the two is the length since maxi dresses are longer and fall up to the ankle or the floor.
There are different styles and patterns to choose from to match your style and body shape. You can also select various patterns, colours, and cuts that suit your personality.
Types of Midi Dresses
Midi dresses come in a wide range of styles, but the most popular ones include:
- Bodycon Midi Dresses – This type of midi dress clings tightly to your body to hug your natural curves. It can accentuate your waist, hips, and booty. It is a perfect choice for women who want to flaunt their assets.
- Long Sleeve Midi Dresses – It is the kind of midi dress you want to wear during the colder months. The sleeves will protect you from the cold while helping you look classy and girly at the same time.
- Bardot Midi Dresses – If you plan to attend an outdoor gathering like a garden wedding or barbecue party in summer or spring, then this off-the-shoulder midi dress could be your perfect outfit. It is also best for romantic al fresco dates.
- Lace Midi Dresses – This elegant midi dress option is perfect for weddings and other formal occasions. Women would love to wear this piece to look more dainty and sophisticated.
- Midi Wrap Dress – It is one of the most flattering midi dresses in Australia you can find. This dress often comes with a tie you can wrap around your waist, which you can customise if you want it tighter or looser, depending on the style you plan to achieve.
Midi Dress Buying Guide
When looking for the best midi dress in Australian fashion boutiques and malls, you must always pick one that suits your preference. You must also look for the one that you can style easily. Some of the more specific buying tips for midi dresses in Australia include:
- Length – The length of the midi dress can be tricky since you will end up looking boxy if you pick one that falls precisely in the middle of your calf. You need to look for one that is both a few inches above your ankle and below your knee.
- Waist – Midi dresses can flatter all body types, but some options tend to hide your waist and cover your curves. You can fix this by using a belt to show your waistline.
- Versatility – You must always think long term when buying midi dresses, especially if you plan to wear them several times. Buy dresses made from durable fabrics, including cotton, wool, and linen. It will assure you that you can wear the dress for years.
Midi dresses can be a favourable outfit of choice when in Australia. You only need to look for high-quality pieces that can last for a long time to maximise your purchase.